By now we all know that we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19 as endemic. It’s unlikely that it will go away. New variants continue to emerge. We continue with the great master class in uncertainty.
After counseling with other retreat hosts and with the staff at Aldermarsh, I’ve created the following protocol for my events. If you register, I ask you to commit to these protocols.
- Everyone comes vaccinated. Please send a scan or photo of your vaccination card as you complete your registration.
- Everyone comes tested. Before you get on a plane or in your car and arrive at Aldermarsh, make sure you have tested “negative.”
- Before and after the test, please socially quarantine as much as possible before you arrive at Aldermarsh. Avoid public gatherings or large events.
- If you are traveling by public transportation, please wear an N95 mask and follow hygiene protocols.
- Bring at least two testing kits with you. You’ll test yourself after arrival at Aldermarsh, and have one on hand in case you feel unwell during the retreat.
Once you arrive at Aldermarsh, you will be in a vaccinated environment. Myself, every participant, our caterer Elaine, and our massage therapist Michele (who may not be present at every retreat) are all vaccinated. We will be self-hosting; Aldermarsh staff will only be on-site in case of emergencies.
The WA State Dept. of Health currently recommends but does not require us to be masked when we are in a group together indoors. I also recommend, but do not require, that we wear masks indoors.
Aldermarsh has adapted its cleaning protocols based on recommendations by the CDC. There will be plenty of soap, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes available.
Unless you stay in one of the two tiny cabins, you will be sharing a room with another person. All bathrooms are shared. We will social distance as much as possible at mealtimes; there will be no more than 15 of us, including staff. You are welcome to eat outside or take your meal to your room.
If you book a massage, both you and Michele will be masked during your session because of WA state mandate for massage therapists.
If you have any questions, please email me. I’m happy to talk about your concerns.
I hope you appreciate the protocols I’ve put in place. I know you know that it’s for the safety of everyone concerned. Thank you for listening. I look forward to gathering with you at Aldermarsh!
(Last updated July 17, 2022.)